Watercoloring on Velvet Glitter by Barbara Bruder
1. Start with a piece of the double sided adhesive sheet cut to the size you need or you can use the 2 ¬Ĺ‚ÄĚ double sided tearific tape. (For this tutorial I used the 2 ¬Ĺ‚ÄĚ tearific tape). Attach a piece of the tearific tape to white cs and remove the protective covering.¬†
2. Cover your exposed adhesive section with the velvet glitter. I used Cloud Nine since there is no color in the glitter. Make sure you cover all the adhesive area and burnish it in all over. I just used my finger to burnish.
3. Next I trimmed the glittered area. I used a die but you can use scissors to cut your shape.
4. The next step is to stamp on the glittered area. Using a permanent ink friendly to water like Staz-on or India Ink, I inked up my stamp and stamped directly on the glitter.¬†
¬†¬† ¬† ¬†
5. Coloring is next. I use watercolor pencils and a #5 round water color brush.
6. To begin, I start off by tracing the area of the image I want to start coloring, using a water color pencil.
7. Next I use my brush, damp, not drippy, and start to bring the color from the outline to the center of the area. (If your brush is too wet, use a paper towel to remove some of the water.
¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬† ¬†
8. After you are through with the area, change colors and change your area and outline the next portion of your image to be colored. (In this picture I have traced the stem and outlined the leaves.) Again I use my brush, damp, not drippy, and start to bring the color from the outline to the center of the area. If you are just working with a line area, like the stem on the flower, just trace over the penciled area with your damp brush.
You can also do shading by adding another hue of color. I did that on the leaves on the stem. Next, it‚Äôs time to trace, switching color, another area that you want to color. (See the petals on the flower.)
9. Again you want to be tracing and pulling that color into the area to be colored by using your damp brush.
10. If you feel that the color is not deep enough, you can pick up color directly on your brush by running your damp brush directly over the water color lead of the pencil.
After you‚Äôve added more color to the brush go ahead and recolor the area to add more intensity of color.
11. And you can add additional colors to incorporate shading, as I did below.
12. When you are satisfied then finish the project as you normally would..
Water coloring on Velvet Glitter is a fun and easy way to color and use another coloring medium that you have in your stash.
Copyright Notice: All text and images are copyrighted and held by each individual person who created the text and/or created the image(s).
NOTE: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The text and images may not be distributed, or republished, on any form from this website without first obtaining written permission of the copyright holder(s).
Sparkle N Sprinkle
Toll free:¬† 888-901-9173
3106 College Ave. E.¬†
Ruskin FL 33570