Also called Embossing Powder "puddling", Embossing Powder Splash is a lot of fun. The first metallic directions are created by Jill Jacobsen. The second example is by Linda Loew, showing how to use Clear or other colors of EP to obtain a different look using the same technique.
1. Take a small piece of Reynold's wrap release aluminum foil┬á and sprinkle a healthy amount of detail embossing powder onto it.
2. Carefully pick up foil and heat from underneath with a heat gun until all powder has melted.
3. Allow powder to cool, but don't allow it to get cold before moving onto the next step.
4. Slowly pull foil away (no need to tear it), from melted embossing powder until you have removed the enitre melted puddle of embossing powder in one whole piece.
5. Take a piece of card stock you want your impression on and place the melted powder on it. No adhesives are needed for this step.
6. Take the stamp that you want to press into the melted powder and ink it with Versamark ink. This will keep the stamp from sticking to the embossing powder.
7. Heat the piece of melted powder until it is molten again. At this point the powder will stray from it's original puddle and make a very unique new "splash"
8. Immediately...without any hesitation, press you inked stamp into the hot embossing powder.
9. To add color, dip your fine tipped paint brush into pearl-ex mica pigment powder and color onto the stamped impression.
10. Attach the new piece onto your background card stock and finish card.
11. If your piece has cooled and buckled, turn it over and warm it by heating it with your heat gun. Keep the heat gun moving back and forth so that you don't melt the powder. You'll see the paper unbuckle.
┬áUsing clear EP and glitters (or even other semi-transparent EPs and mica powders), Linda Loew takes the Splash a notch further:
Directions for Linda's card may be viewed in our T&T Gallery here.
Copyright Notice: All text and images are copyrighted and held by each individual person who created the text and/or created the image(s).
NOTE: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The text and images may not be distributed, or republished, on any form from this website without first obtaining written permission of the copyright holder(s).
Sparkle N Sprinkle
3016 E College Ave
Ruskin, Fl. 33570
Toll Free: (888) 901-9173