- Embossing Powder Detailed white and black or 2 colors that are opposite from each other.
- White and black cardstock or two colors that are opposite from each other.
- Heat Tool
- Paper Trimmer
In selecting a stamp for this technique, look for something large enough to take center stage on the card with enough detail to make the split 'POP'. Symmetrical is good, but not necessary as shown here.
- Use the paper trimmer to cut one piece of neutral cardstock and one piece of dark colored cardstock the same size as the wood or acrylic block for the main image. This makes image placement, which is key for the technique, a breeze. You could also use a Stampamagig for placement.
- Stamp image in VersaMark onto the dark colored cardstock, precisely lining up the block with the corners of the cardstock.
- Sprinkle white detailed embossing powder on to image and tap off excess, and heat image.
- Repeat the process on light colored cardstock with black detailed EP, again lining the block up exactly with the corners of the cardstock.
- Determine the exact midpoint of the piece of cardstock and cut both images in half. There will be four half images at this point.
- Adhere two opposite images to a coordinating or complimentary piece of cardstock.
- Use the image panels and embellishments of your choice to create two fabulous cards.
Samples (click image to see full size card and details):
Copyright Notice: All text and images are copyrighted and held by each individual person who created the text and/or created the image(s).
NOTE: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The text and images may not be distributed, or republished, on any form from this website without first obtaining written permission of the copyright holder(s).
Sparkle N Sprinkle
3016 E College Ave
Ruskin, Fl. 33570
Toll Free: (888) 901-9173