┬á Faux-Leather Look
- Craft Foam - available at most Craft or Discount stores in many colors, but tan/brown looks most like leather when finished.
- Heat Tool
- Permanent Ink: any dark color but dark brown or black looks great on the tan/brown foam
- Pigment Ink: Cocoa, Brown, Umber, Topaz all look good with the tan/brown foam
- Stamp - bold stamps or ones with simple lines work best
- Fancy Edge Scissors - optional
- Ink your stamp with permanent ink and leave it sit on the ink pad so it will stay moist.
- Cut out a piece of foam that is larger than the image you will be using.
- Using the heat tool, heat the foam for 30 seconds. Don't worry if it curls, turn it over and heat the other side for another 30 seconds. Turn it over one more time and heat for another 30 seconds.
- Stamp the image into the warm foam and press firmly for 20-30 seconds. Allow to dry completely.
- Tear or cut off the edges of the foam around the image and also cut gouges into the edges to make deeper indentations.
- Use your pigment ink pad gently to add a little more color around the edges and darken the tears. Wipe off excess with tissue.
- Use your stamp without inking.
- Then with your finger gently rub ink on the hight portions of the image.
You'll find great uses for both variations.
Samples (click image to see full size card and details):
Copyright Notice: All text and images are copyrighted and held by each individual person who created the text and/or created the image(s).
NOTE: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The text and images may not be distributed, or republished, on any form from this website without first obtaining written permission of the copyright holder(s).
Sparkle N Sprinkle
3016 E College Ave
Ruskin, Fl. 33570
Toll Free: (888) 901-9173