´╗┐´╗┐Creating Dimension and Layers with Glitter and Sticker Paper by Barbara Bruder
When it comes to mailing a card, we still like creating an illusion of dimension, while using a single postage stamp. Designer Barbara Bruder recently taught a class at StampAway showing how to do just that!
Engaging our very friendly┬áSlim the Snowman┬áand the magical┬áBelieve┬ásentiment, both from┬áthe┬áMerry Crows┬áChristmas Set, Barbara has achieved the dimensional element by tearing┬áSticker Paper┬áand applying glitter. To obtain an interesting affect, Barbara alternated the layers with┬áSparkling Snow glitter┬áand┬áTwinkling Clouds Sparkle N Soft┬á(our flocking specially formulated with just the right amount of glitter).´╗┐
To make a card using this technique, or a gift tag like these, please see┬áBarbara's gallery. Other directions are listed below.
1. Remove backing from sticker paper and dip 1st sticker piece into Sparkling Snow glitter, dip 2nd sticker piece into Twinkling Clouds Sparkle N Soft Flocking
2. Tear each sticker paper in half longways. On bottom of sticker paper (not torn side) attach a piece of tape along bottom on the side that has no glitter or flocking. Do this to all 4 pieces
3. Starting from the bottom of tag, attach half of the glittered sticker paper. Next gently pull the unattached portion of the glittered sticker paper back away from tag and attach the 2nd torn piece. Next do the same for the 2 pieces that have the flocking on them.
4. Stamp snowman on white CS, using black dye ink, Color the image using markers. Trim image out using detail scissors.
5. Apply tape to back of snowman and nestle him on the left side of tag between the glitter and the flocked areas.
Copyright Notice: All text and images are copyrighted and held by each individual person who created the text and/or created the image(s).
NOTE: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The text and images may not be distributed, or republished, on any form from this website without first obtaining written permission of the copyright holder(s).
Sparkle N Sprinkle
Toll free:┬á 888-901-9173
3016 E College Ave
Ruskin FL 33570-5222