Dryer Sheet Technique With Velvet Glitter
by Anne Temple
To create a sparkly project which is also loaded with texture, this is a fun technique to play with.
To see another project with an "ocean view" using this technique, please visit's Anne's blog post¬†here. She has more step-by-step directions and lots of before-and-after photos.
- Image of choice
- Coloring medium of choice
- Super Adhesive Sheets, 2.5" Tear-ific Tape, or other double sticky adhesive
- Velvet Glitter
1. After image is stamped and colored, cover with Super Adhesive Sheet or other strong double-sided adhesive.ÔĽŅ
2. Spread a¬†used¬†dryer sheet on top and spread it over the image and the adhesive sheet. ¬†It should look like the photo above (please ignore the die cut edges). ¬†Tip: if the image will be die cut, it is easier to die cut after the dryer sheet has been added. ¬†Otherwise, it will become necessary to fussy cut the dryer sheet edges by hand - causing an extra step.
3. Cover the adhered dryer sheet with glitter. ¬†Here¬†Cloud Nine¬†Velvet was used, but any color will work. ¬†Lightly burnish into the surface. ¬†Shake off the excess glitter and return it to the bottle. ¬†The result is a fuzzy, sparkly image.
4. Proceed to finish card as you normally would.
Copyright Notice: All text and images are copyrighted and held by each individual person who created the text and/or created the image(s).
NOTE: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The text and images may not be distributed, or republished, on any form from this website without first obtaining written permission of the copyright holder(s).
Sparkle N Sprinkle
Toll free:¬† 888-901-9173
3106 College Ave. E.¬†
Ruskin FL 33570