COLORING ON FLOCKING WITH COPICS
by Shona Erlenborn
This technique is the perfect way to add flocking and color to an image.┬á┬á Copic Markers work beautifully to color the flocking
For this tutorial Snow White Flocking was used, however, you can start with any color of flocking if you are just going to use the Copics more for shading or highlighting rather than coloring.´╗┐
1.┬á Apply a piece of 2 ┬ŻÔÇŁ Tear-ific Tape (SAT11) to a piece┬áof white cardstock.┬á If the image is a big one, then use the Super Adhesive Sheet (SAS02).
2. Remove the protective backing and apply the Snow White Flocking and burnish in well with your finger.
3. Stamp your image on top of the flocking with Memento Tuxedo Black..
4. Make sure the ink is completely dry, before you begin coloring.┬á To apply color, dab the marker gently onto the flocking.┬á Do not color in circles as with coloring on cardstock.
5. Here are a few photos which show the colors used to color the cat image:
6. If the color used, doesnÔÇÖt work - go over it (still dabbing gently) with another color:
7. Finish with shading over the patches.┬á (This photo is out of order, but shows the color used for the patches).
8. Use the Blender Pen (as with cardstock) to remove color.┬á (See how the color is "outside" the patches on the bottom of the legs).┬á Remove color with blender pen.
Here is┬áthe finished card:´╗┐
Doing this same technique with Staz-On and Watercolor Crayons works the great on the Velvet Glitters but using them on the flocking did not work near as well.┬á The results were muddy.
Here are the two finished cats, side by side.┬á The one on the left is the watercolor sample.´╗┐´╗┐´╗┐
So there you have it! ┬á Using the Snow White flocking and a few Copic markers, you can make your fuzzy, furry friends in whatever color you want!"
ÔÇť....... or you can take one of the many existing colors and add shading and highlights, giving more dimension and reality to your cards."
Here is a card using the Buff flocking.´╗┐
Here is one using the Buff Flocking and adding shading with Copics.
Other SNS products:
Copyright Notice: All text and images are copyrighted and held by each individual person who created the text and/or created the image(s).
NOTE: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The text and images may not be distributed, or republished, on any form from this website without first obtaining written permission of the copyright holder(s).
Sparkle N Sprinkle
Toll free:┬á 888-901-9173
3106 College Ave. E.
Ruskin FL 33570