Have a coffee filter spread open on your table when you use glitters or embossing powders. It will catch the excess and make it easier to siphon particles back into its bottle. Coffee filters can be resued multiple times.
Join Our Email Newsletter
(We will not sell, rent, or share your email address with anyone.)
Anne Temple - Tennessee
Sun 22 Dec 2013 07:12:30 PM CST
Dress Up (#525)
Spirited Green Glitter (G1070)
Bubblegum Glitter (G1088)
Peruvian Lily Velvet Glitter (GM2014)
Cloud Nine Velvet Glitter (GM2000)
Blue Lightning Glitter (G1008)
Vintage Embossing Powder (EP329)
Silver Embossing Powder (EP179)
Super Thick Clear Embossing Powder (EP230)
Stickum Powder (EP300)
Super Adhesive Sheet (SAS02)
Brushable Glue (540)
Distress Paint (Black Soot)
StazOn Jet Black Ink (99704)
StazOn Blazing Red Ink
Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two Die
Memory Box - Terrific Tote, Tall Dress Form, and Tiny Bow
Taylored Expressions Quatrefoil Cutting Plate
TIPS AND TECHNIQUES:
The Basics of Heat Embossing - http://sparklensprinkle.com/techniques_detail.php?title_keyword=heat
Design Adhesives General Technique - http://sparklensprinkle.com/techniques_detail.php?title_keyword=Design_Adhesives
Stamping on Velvet Glitter - http://sparklensprinkle.com/techniques_detail.php?title_keyword=stamp_on_glitter
StazOn and Velvet Glitter - http://sparklensprinkle.com/techniques_detail.php?title_keyword=Staz-on_and_Velvet_Glitter
Tarnished Silver technique - http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/fauxtarnishedsilver/
1. Stamp the dress images onto watercolor paper using StazOn inks. Color with Distress Markers.
2. Adhere Super Adhesive Sheets over the colored images and fussy cut out. Apply Cloud Nine velvet glitter on top of each dress.
3. Die cut the Tall Dress Form out of Super Adhesive Sheets. Using an exacto knife, cut away the top layer to expose the pole and knob on top.
4. Using the Faux Tarnished Silver technique from Splitcoast Stampers, first apply Silver embossing powder and heat set. Next randomly sprinkle some of the Super Thick Clear embossing powder on top (donít cover the entire area) and heat set. Whatís not on the SCS tutorial is that I added a little Black Soot Distress Paint on top, rubbed it in with my finger, and then wiped away the excess. This gives it more of an aged, neglected look.
5. Uncover the body portion of the dress form and cover with Vintage embossing powder. Heat set.
6. Die cut the Tiny Bow and Tote from Super Adhesive Sheets. Cover the ribbon tail with Spirited Green glitter (you donít need the rest of the pieces from the die) and the tote with Blue Lightning glitter and Peruvian Lily velvet glitter.
7. Die cut the Fancy Tag from Super Adhesive Sheets. Using an exacto knife, cut around the oval top layer. Be sure not to cut all the way through.
8. Cover the center oval with Cloud Nine velvet glitter and stamp the sentiment with Jet Black StazOn.
9. Uncover the rest of the die cut and cover with Peruvian Lily velvet glitter.
10. Die cut the Quatrefoil from Super Adhesive Sheet and randomly apply Stickum embossing powder (you want to leave some of the areas white). Heat set and then immediately cover with Spirited Green glitter.
11. Apply brushable glue to the outer edges of the second layer, as if you were distressing with ink or Distress Embossing. Cover the glue with Bubblegum glitter. I guess you could call this Distressed Glittering.
12. Adhere each of the layers with ľĒ Tear-ific Tape.
Check out our Art Gallery for inspirational ideas.
Just received my other package from you the other day. Your stamps are most definitely phenomenal!! They are just so unique compared to any other stamps I have come across anywhere. I definitely will stick with your site for my purchases.