Have a coffee filter spread open on your table when you use glitters or embossing powders. It will catch the excess and make it easier to siphon particles back into its bottle. Coffee filters can be resued multiple times.
Join Our Email Newsletter
(We will not sell, rent, or share your email address with anyone.)
Mayra Duran Hernandez - California
Tue 08 Jul 2014 08:24:58 PM CDT
Treasure Hunt #458
Embossing Powders: Brown Fizz #EP381, Vintage #EP329, Nautical #EP383,
Inks: Distress Ink (Walnut Stain, Chipped Sapphire), VersaMark Pad
Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives -3d Foam Squares
Coloring Medium: Walnut Ink Spray
Embellishments: Recollections Dimensional Stickers, K & Co. Borders (waves), Silhouette Cuts (4 x 6 Lori Whitlock Layered Cards, Rope Circle Frame), SVG Cuts (Hot Air Balloon File - Anchor), Wood Letters, Twine
Cardstock: White, Navy, Dark Brown, Tan, Burlap Designer Paper
All Other: Tim Holtz Distress Tool, Electronic Die Cutting Machine
1. Using white 12” x 12” CS as base, emboss the ship, the phrase "Shiver Me Timbers", and "Arrrgh" over the whole page using the Versamark and Nautical , Brown Fizz and Vintage EPs.
2. With the Silhouette, cut out the rope frame in tan CS, and the layered card from the Lori Whitlock Set in DP. Cut out the banner and the mini banners from the layered cards set as well with the DP also. Cut the large banner and anchor shadow in white CS. The layer for the anchor can be cut in gray.
3. Once everything is cut, distress with ink.
4. Taking the rope frame, place it over the lower right corner and spray over it with walnut spray. Repeat on the upper right corner. Glue this rope frame towards the left side of the layout. Glue the two small banners to the upper right side of layout.
5. Cut a piece of navy CS to 7” x 5", a tan piece at 5.5” x 4" , and from dark brown CS at 6” x 4”. Distress these and crumble them with your hands, to give them a distressed texture. Glue down the navy first, then the tan, then the dark brown. Add the other frame that was cut on top of the brown layer.
6. Take photo and matte with white; add ink to edges. Glue over the matted area of layout.
7. Take 2 waves borders at 7" and glue to bottom of photo. Glue the anchor layers together, then glue to bottom right under photo. Add three banners under this area as well, one for journaling.
8. Glue the title banners to the top of photo. Ink the wood letters in blue and brown, then glue to title banner.
Check out our Art Gallery for inspirational ideas.
Just received my other package from you the other day. Your stamps are most definitely phenomenal!! They are just so unique compared to any other stamps I have come across anywhere. I definitely will stick with your site for my purchases.