Have a coffee filter spread open on your table when you use glitters or embossing powders. It will catch the excess and make it easier to siphon particles back into its bottle. Coffee filters can be resued multiple times.
Join Our Email Newsletter
(We will not sell, rent, or share your email address with anyone.)
Cindy Keogh - Florida
Wed 08 May 2013 08:06:16 PM CDT
Stamp Set 493 - Silhouettes [00-493P6]
Willow Branch [1494-300H]
Hit the Beach Embossing Powder [EP394]
Pear Embossing Powder [EP420]
Moss Embossing Powder [EP418]
Embossable Clear Acetate 
Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black 
1/8" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape [SAT02]
Dimensional Glue 539
Papers – Riddersholm and Prima
Blue and Pale Green Mists
White, Turquoise, Brown and Tan chalk ink
Linen and Cheese Cloth
1. For the base paper distress the edges and ink with tan and brown chalk ink. When dry come back over with white chalk ink to mute the browns. Stamp on the upper right with Willow Branch a few times in black ink. I kind of thought it resembled sea plants.
2. Trim second paper one inch and ¾ inch from top and one side edge. Punch around edge imprecisely and distress the border. Edge with Turquoise chalk ink and then White chalk ink. Use Stucco medium to mask on a couple star fish shapes. Once dry mist under the area for the photo in Blue and pale green mist. Allow the colors to mix a bit.
3. Mist the linen and cheese cloth in the blue and pale green over laying the colors to gain an ocean like effect.
4. I cut several irregular lengths of hemp twine and knotted them in three places.
5. Mist the flower in blue and pale green mists.
6. On the embossable acetate stamp two of the main Silhouettes stamp using Versamark ink. I used a paper towel to remove the ink from the square border on the stamp. Apply moss embossing powder then pear. Vary the application of the moss on the bottom of the stamp image. Heat Set.
7. For the cork alpha in the title, I chalk inked in turquoise and then white. I didn’t try to coat them just give them a worn look.
8. When adhering the two papers together, I taped down just the middle. Then I tore a small peek- a-boo in the upper right corner to allow more visibility of the Willow stamp. The flower added a bit more visual interest.
Check out our Art Gallery for inspirational ideas.
Just received my other package from you the other day. Your stamps are most definitely phenomenal!! They are just so unique compared to any other stamps I have come across anywhere. I definitely will stick with your site for my purchases.