Have a coffee filter spread open on your table when you use glitters or embossing powders. It will catch the excess and make it easier to siphon particles back into its bottle. Coffee filters can be resued multiple times.
Join Our Email Newsletter
(We will not sell, rent, or share your email address with anyone.)
Julie Zippel - Pennsylvania
Sat 20 Oct 2012 02:02:07 PM CDT
Snow Leopard 3658-466K
Black Detail Embossing Powder EP171
Versamark Ink Pad 99702
Static free bag 99512 (for embossing)
Tearific Tape any size SAT01-05
Deep Black Color Coordinates Cardstock 98123
Redliner Tape (Super sticky)
Black Picture Frame
Adhesive Metal Accents
Cardstock: Black, Kraft
1. Stamp the Snow Leopard onto a piece of Deep Black cardstock (cs) using Versamark ink and embossing with Black Detail embossing powder.
2. Using regular household bleach and a paintbrush (or a water brush filled with bleach), color in the image with the bleach. Let dry completely. Tips: Try to give the image an even covering of bleach. Also, be careful around the edges of the image as the bleach will bleed outside the embossed edge if you go too close or have too much bleach on the brush.
3. Repeat step 2 two or three more times to lighten the image to the desired shade. Be sure to let the image dry between each coat of bleach because the image will get lighter as it dries and the image is more likely to bleed if an additional coat is put on while the paper is still wet.
4. Trim the image to 4” square and then trim a piece of burlap a bit larger than the image. Pull threads from the edges of the burlap to create a frayed look to frame the image.
5. Use redliner tape to attach the image to the burlap. Press firmly to be sure the burlap attaches well.
6. Cut a piece of Deep Black cs approx. 1” x 4”. Arrange and adhere metal accents as shown along the middle of the strip.
7. Cut a piece of burlap slightly larger than the accent piece. Pull threads & fray like above to frame the accent piece. Attach the two pieces together with redliner tape.
8. Take the picture frame apart and cut a piece of Deep Black cs the same size as the frame backing.
9. Arrange the leopard and accent strip on the black backing. Secure with redliner tape.
10. Reassemble the picture frame.
**This design also makes a wonderful card – see additional image & modified directions in the Art Gallery.
Check out our Art Gallery for inspirational ideas.
Just received my other package from you the other day. Your stamps are most definitely phenomenal!! They are just so unique compared to any other stamps I have come across anywhere. I definitely will stick with your site for my purchases.