Have a coffee filter spread open on your table when you use glitters or embossing powders. It will catch the excess and make it easier to siphon particles back into its bottle. Coffee filters can be resued multiple times.
Join Our Email Newsletter
(We will not sell, rent, or share your email address with anyone.)
Donna Ellis - Florida
Fri 11 Oct 2013 06:25:49 PM CDT
Snow One Like You #515
Flourishes One #516
Brushable Glue #540
Super Adhesive Sheets SAS02
Lifestyle-Sticky Thumb Dimensionals L-DIM000
Mediterranean Star EP429
Ice EP250 (on snowman embellishment)
Cloud Nine Microfine Velvet Glitter GM2000
Diamond Dust Chunky Glitter G1116
Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento, VersaMark, Azure Staz-On, Adirondack Pool
SB Big Scallop Oval LG
SB Classic Ovals LG S4-110
SB Floral Ovals S4-356
SB Mega Curved Rectangles S5-006 (smallest 3)
MS 3-in-1 Hydrangea Punch
Mini Pearls Prills
CS: Vellum, White, Turquoise, Aqua
Optional Lace, Snowman embelly and Ribbon
Techniques Used from the SNS Techniques page:
Copics on Velvet Glitter
The Basics of Heat Embossing
1. Create Easel Card using aqua CS vertical side “tall” (5.5” x 4.25”) A2 size but cutting 8.5 x 11 paper in half 4.25” x 11”. Fold accordingly. Cut separate aqua panel 5.5 x 4.25. Cut white panel 5.25” x 4”. Cut vellem with SB Floral Ovals. Cut turquoise CS with Big Scallop Oval LG. Apply Super Adhesive sheet to white CS and cut with SB Classic Oval LG. In remnants, punch MS Hydrangea flowers.
2. Peel protective layer from Oval, dredge with Cloud Nine Velvet Glitter, and burnish well. Do same with the SB Mega Curved Rectangle die and the MS little flowers. Shape flowers by hand (a burnishing tool does not work well with glitter). Glue flower centers in place, add Prills or glitter to centers.
3. With VM ink stamp the large Flourish randomly on white CS panel. Emboss with Mediterranean Star. Edge panel with VM and apply more EP. Apply VM to corners if desired, dredge with Mediterranean Star EP, sprinkle Diamond Dust on top and heat set from beneath the layer to prevent the glitter from flying off. The glitter will embed in the melted EP. If more Diamond Dust is desired, squiggle on Brushable Glue and apply Diamond Dust glitter. Set Aside. Do same with white panel cut in Mega Curved Rectangles.
4. Stamp Snow Lady on glittered oval with Memento ink, color lightly with Copic Markers. Add Prills or Glitter to poinsettia centers. Stamp Sentiment with Azure ink on white glittered Rectangle.
5. Tie ribbon through vellum panel. Addhere stamped Oval to turquoise scallop oval, and adhere to vellum piece.
6. Attach the white flourish background panel to the aqua panel, then adhere the oval panel to the white flourish panel.
7. Cut a middle Rectangle to frame the sentiment. Cover that frame with VM ink and dredge with Mediterranean EP.
8. Assemble bottom portion of card by adhering the glittered sentiment panel to EP’d panel, and attach that to the flourished panel. Add a little lace if desired. The plastic snowman is coated with Ice EP and attached with Brushable Glue. The flourish panel should be adhered to the aqua base using dimensionals. This acts as the “stop” for your easel.
9. Brush glue on bottom half of folded aqua panel, and attach the main image panel to it. When that is secure, add the little glittery flowers as your last step.
10. For more photos and tips see: http://creativesmiles2.blogspot.com/2013/10/snow-one-like-you-easel-card.html
Check out our Art Gallery for inspirational ideas.
Just received my other package from you the other day. Your stamps are most definitely phenomenal!! They are just so unique compared to any other stamps I have come across anywhere. I definitely will stick with your site for my purchases.