Have a coffee filter spread open on your table when you use glitters or embossing powders. It will catch the excess and make it easier to siphon particles back into its bottle. Coffee filters can be resued multiple times.
Join Our Email Newsletter
(We will not sell, rent, or share your email address with anyone.)
Debi Brille - Pennsylvania
Sat 20 Oct 2012 02:49:21 PM CDT
Digi Stamp 100 Snowman with a Heart
Stamp 3431- 423H Large Jar
Stamp 3430-423C Large Jar Lid
Stamp 3429-423E Label Phrases Just for You
G1003 Sparkling Snow Glitter
EP330 Peppermint Stick Embossing Powder
Tear-ific Tape ¼ SAT01
White, Blue, Red Cardstock
Embossable Acetate #99602
DP in 2 coordinating patterns/colors
Black, Blue, Gold Inks
Copic markers or colored pencils
1/8 foam tape
Snowflake border punch
Small heart punch
Red embroidery floss
Label die cut or punch
Note: This is both a Shaker Card and an Easel Card. For easel card directions see Sparkle N Sprinkle's General Tips & Techniques>Templates and Card Designs>Easel Cards for video directions.
1. Open Digital Snowman file. Erase sentiment and snowman's arms. Resize so Snowman is 2 tall. Print on white cardstock. Cut to 2 5/8 x 3 ½ with image centered. Color snowman, drawing in arms.
2. Open file again and resize Sentiment to 3 long. This time erase the Snowman. Print sentiment only on white cardstock. Cut to 3 ¼ x 5/8. Adhere to DP cut to 4 x 1. V cut ends to create banner.
3. Cut blue cardstock 5 x 4. Punch snowflake border at top and bottom. Save punched out snowflakes and glue a few around the snowman.
4. Stamp Large Jar, in black, on 3 3/4 square of DP. Using exacto knife remove center from jar. Adhere clear Embossable Acetate behind jar opening.
5. Place foam tape all around opening leaving no spaces between.
6. Pour small pile of glitter on snowman and then attach Jar, centering snowman and creating a snow globe effect. This is the shaker part of your card.
7. Cut small label (1 5/8 x ¾). Edge in blue ink. Stamp Just for You in center. Thread embroidery floss through hole. Attach floss to DP at top of jar before adhering lid. Attach label with foam tape.
8. Stamp Jar Lid on white scrap in gold. Cut out. Afix to top of jar.
9. With foam tape adhere DP with jar and snowman to blue cardstock. Then adhere with tear-ific tape to 4 ¼ x 5 ½ piece of white cardstock which has been edged in blue ink.
10. Punch small red heart. Dip in versamark and emboss with Peppermint Stick EP. Glue to tag.
This is the front of your easel card.
11. Using a 11 x 4 1/4 card stock, create top fold A-2 card. Fold top of card base in half to create easel. Apply tear-ific tape to bottom half of folded card base. Align bottom of card front with bottom of taped base and adhere.
12. On inside of card base, adhere 4 x 5 ¼ piece of matching DP. Add sentiment banner made in Step 2 to bottom of card with foam tape. The front of the card is propped up against this strip to form an easel, so the placement of this strip determines the angle of the card when displayed.
Check out our Art Gallery for inspirational ideas.
Just received my other package from you the other day. Your stamps are most definitely phenomenal!! They are just so unique compared to any other stamps I have come across anywhere. I definitely will stick with your site for my purchases.