Have a coffee filter spread open on your table when you use glitters or embossing powders. It will catch the excess and make it easier to siphon particles back into its bottle. Coffee filters can be resued multiple times.
Join Our Email Newsletter
(We will not sell, rent, or share your email address with anyone.)
Julie Zippel - Pennsylvania
Tue 03 Jul 2012 11:45:35 AM CDT
Snow Family Stampette Set 443S
White Detail Embossing Powder EP298
Clear Detail Embossing Powder EP280
Sparkling Snow Glitter G1003
Bridal Glitter G1029
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad 9904
Versamark Ink Pad 99702
Static free bag 99512 (for embossing)
Tearific Tape any size SAT01-05
Neenah Solar White Cardstock 99572
Clear Embossable Acetate Sheets 99602
Sakura Quickie Glue Pen 99202
Copic Markers C1, B000, G12, G21, YG67, Y08, YR14, YR18, R35, R37, R39, E37
Black Pigment Ink
Spellbinders Nestabilities Petite Ovals Large
Woodgrain Embossing Folder
Die cutting equipment (to make globe)
Dimensional Tape or Dots
Cardstock: White, Brown, Clear (see above)
1. Using die cutting equipment, cut out three snow globes – two white & one brown. Stamp Snow Family using Black Memento ink onto one of the Solar White cardstock (cs) globes. Color Snow Family with Copic Markers.
2. Using the glue pen and Sparkling Snow glitter, highlight the snow and some of the trim pieces on the snow family’s clothes. Outline the entire circle with the glue pen & Sparkling Snow glitter as well and also add random “snow dots” all over the snow globe.
3. Use the glue pen and Bridal glitter to add snow piles where shown on the stamped image (on the tree and on their hats).
4. Cut a third snow globe (or just a matching circle) from embossable acetate. Coat acetate thoroughly with static free bag and then using Versamark ink, stamp the snowflakes all around the outside of the circle (leave the center empty so you’ll see the image a little bit better). Emboss with white detail embossing powder – heat as you normally do being careful not to overheat the acetate and warp it. Set aside.
5. From the brown snow globe, cut off the base portion and also a small ball for the top. Emboss these pieces with a wood grain embossing folder.
6. Note: the snow globe “glass” (acetate piece) will be attached with the embossing to the inside so it looks like the snowflakes are inside the globe. Use Tearific Tape to attach the top of the snow globe glass and the bottom of the glass (under where the brown “wood” pieces will be). Attach the wood pieces over top of the glass using Tearific Tape.
7. Stamp the snow family saying using black pigment ink and embossing with clear detail embossing powder. Cut out & emboss using a Spellbinder Oval.
8. Using glue pen and Sparkling Snow glitter, outline the saying. Attach the saying to the wood base using Tearific Tape.
9. Put the second white snow globe behind the finished piece and use the snowflake brad to attach the two sections together. This will give you the inside to your card.
Check out our Art Gallery for inspirational ideas.
Just received my other package from you the other day. Your stamps are most definitely phenomenal!! They are just so unique compared to any other stamps I have come across anywhere. I definitely will stick with your site for my purchases.