Have a coffee filter spread open on your table when you use glitters or embossing powders. It will catch the excess and make it easier to siphon particles back into its bottle. Coffee filters can be resued multiple times.
Join Our Email Newsletter
(We will not sell, rent, or share your email address with anyone.)
Julie Zippel - Pennsylvania
Sat 09 Feb 2013 03:10:28 PM CST
May God Bless You
(both from Stamp Set 362)
Navy Glitter G1079
Blue Lightning Glitter G1008
Laser Blue Glitter G1074
Fascination Glitter G1030
Bridal Glitter G1029
White Detail Embossing Powder EP298
Versamark Ink Pad 99702
Jet Black Staz On Ink 99704
Static free bag 99512 (for embossing)
Brushable Glue #540
Tearific Tape any size SAT01-05
Embossable Clear Acetate 99602
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 18 SB111
Adhesive Heart Rhinestones (clear)
Adhesive Mini Rhinestone strips (clear)
Small and/or Detail paint brush
Cardstock: blue and white
1. Stamp Cross using Jet Black Staz On ink onto a piece of embossable acetate. Let dry.
2. Turn image upside down and using Brushable Glue and a fine paintbrush, begin painting small areas of the cross with a generous amount of glue and then sprinkle with glitter and tap off the excess. Work in small sections completing the blues first. (Blues are applied with the darkest in the center working out to the lightest blue Navy, Electric Blue, Laser Blue, Fascination). Let dry completely time will vary based on temps and humidity. For further tips on this technique, also see the Video for Glitter Stain Glass (Mar 2011) in the Tips & Techniques section.
3. When blues are dry, carefully brush off all excess glitter. Then begin painting glue onto the remaining areas of the cross and apply Bridal glitter to the rest of the cross. (You may find it helpful to tap the glue into some areas so you dont dislodge some of the blue glitters by brushing too much.) Let dry completely.
4. Cut a piece of blue cardstock (cs) to 4 ½ x 6 1/8 and die cut and emboss a window near the top of the piece with a Spellbinder Label 18 that fits the cross image.
5. Stamp May God Bless You near the bottom using Versamark ink and embossing with White Detail embossing powder.
6. Trim the acetate/cross piece to fit behind the window, center it, and tape into place.
7. Make an A6 card base (4 5/8 x 6 Ό folded) from white cs and attach the cross piece to the front using Tearific Tape.
8. Add adhesive rhinestones and a flower (using glue dots) as shown.
Check out our Art Gallery for inspirational ideas.
Just received my other package from you the other day. Your stamps are most definitely phenomenal!! They are just so unique compared to any other stamps I have come across anywhere. I definitely will stick with your site for my purchases.