Have a coffee filter spread open on your table when you use glitters or embossing powders. It will catch the excess and make it easier to siphon particles back into its bottle. Coffee filters can be resued multiple times.
Join Our Email Newsletter
(We will not sell, rent, or share your email address with anyone.)
Donna Ellis - Florida
Sun 02 Dec 2012 04:58:16 PM CST
(no stamp image)
Moss Star embossing powder EP430
Cloud Nine Velvet Glitter (microfine) GM2000
Priceless Peacock Glitter G1015
Dove Blender Pen #99535
VersaMark Ink #99702
Super Adhesive Sheets SAS02
Dimensional Glue #539
Brushable Glue #540
Double Sided Tear-ific Tape SAT01
Embossing Folder (CC Walrus and Carpenter)
SB Grand Nestabilities Labels Four
SB Rose Creations Dies
SB Carnation Creations Dies
CL Tropical Flourish Die
Lyra Aquacolor Crayons
Class A Peel Stickers (any stickers having an outline, open interior)
Cardstock: Black, Celery, Turquoise, White
This card utilizes two techniques from the SNS Tips & Techniques webpage.
1) Outline Stickers and Velvet Glitters
2) Watercoloring on Velvet Glitter
1. Create shaped card using Grand Nestabilities Labels 4 (makes an A7 size card). Then die cut the next two smaller sizes for the blue & green layers, and run through embossing folder for texture. Use the smallest die in the set for the white CS which has been covered with Super Adhesive Sheets (per directions on T&T page)
2. Remove protective cover from white panel, and set in open coffee filter, sticky side up. Spoon a little Cloud Nine glitter on top and lightly cover entire panel. Burnish with fingers or place the protective cover back on and press through that. Tap off excess.
3. Apply any outline style sticker on top of the velvet glitter.
4. Press firmly so sticker is firmly adhered.
5. Use regular markers, watercolor pencils or watercolor crayons to color. In this card Lyra watercolor crayons were used. I pulled the color directly off the crayon with the Dove Blender pen, and painted inside the sticker lines, on top of the glitter. Set white panel aside.
6. Die cut flourish and flowers as desired. On some of the flower petals, and all of the flourish, apply VersaMark ink and heat emboss with Moss Star EP. Allow to cool. With Dimensional Glue, apply thin lines of glue on top of the heat set EP, and sprinkle on Priceless Peacock glitter. Allow to dry thoroughly before adhering to card. Using tweezers, hold the brads by their prongs, heat the head, and quickly dip into EP. Repeat until desired effect is achieved. Let the brads cool a few seconds before putting them down.
7. Adhere white panel to blue and green panels. Attach the flowers and flourishes as desired. Then attach the set to the black card base.
Check out our Art Gallery for inspirational ideas.
Just received my other package from you the other day. Your stamps are most definitely phenomenal!! They are just so unique compared to any other stamps I have come across anywhere. I definitely will stick with your site for my purchases.