Have a coffee filter spread open on your table when you use glitters or embossing powders. It will catch the excess and make it easier to siphon particles back into its bottle. Coffee filters can be resued multiple times.
Join Our Email Newsletter
(We will not sell, rent, or share your email address with anyone.)
Mary Munkel - Missouri
Wed 08 Apr 2009 06:49:49 PM CDT
WOMEN & CATS #0531-250B
Black Detail embossing powder EP171
Brown Fizz embossing powder EP381
Antique Gold Cosmic embossing powder EP356
Copper embossing powder EP236
VersaMark inkpad #99702
X-Static anti-static bag #99512
Small fan brush
Cardstock: vanilla, textured mustard, regular mustard, dark brown
Corner rounder punch
Homemade paper--tan with dark brown specks & fibers
Karat Aquarell watercolor crayons
Acrylic palette or old CD
Small paintbrush with water
Deckled decorative scissors
Mustard colored permanent marker
Three large metal brads
Double-sided foam tape
¼” Super Double Stick tape #SAT01
1. Make a 6 ½” x 5” horizontal card from textured mustard cardstock. Cut a piece of dark brown cardstock a little smaller than the front of the card for layering later.
2. Using the VersaMark inkpad and Black Detail embossing powder, stamp and emboss LEO on vanilla cardstock. Color the image with watercolor crayons using an acrylic palette and a small wet paintbrush. Cut it to size as shown.
3. Cut a piece of regular mustard cardstock larger than the image piece as shown in the sample. Round all four corners on both small pieces
4. Rub the X-Static bag on one side of the small mustard piece. With your finger, press the longer tips of the middle bristles on the fan paintbrush down on one edge of the VersaMark inkpad, flick the ink over one edge of the cardstock, sprinkle with Brown Fizz embossing powder, tap off the excess powder and heat set. Reload the brush and do the same thing to the other three edges. You want the mustard color to show through. Attach the image piece to the front with Super Double stick tape.
6. Cut the homemade tan & brown paper larger to fit behind the piece as shown. Wet the edges thoroughly and pick off the wet paper on its edges so they are jagged. Let dry.
7. Color the heads of the three brads with Antique Gold embossing powder. Heat the head with a heat gun and dip it into the powder. If the powder isn’t melted, give it another short blast with the heat gun. Let each cool and set aside.
8. Cut a strip of textured mustard cardstock the height of the brown textured cardstock. See card for approximate width.
9. Using the VersaMark inkpad and Copper embossing powder, stamp and emboss the saying WOMEN & CATS on vanilla cardstock. Cut to size with a deckled scissors.
10. Cut three lengths of tan twine and fray both ends of each. Color the twine with a mustard colored permanent marker. Wrap the twine lengths together with Scotch tape in the middle to resemble a bundle.
11. Use Super Stick tape to assemble the pieces on the right side of the dark brown layering piece as shown. Attach the strip of mustard cardstock to the left side.
12. Set the three brads as shown. Attach the twine in the middle of the mustard strip with a small piece of Super Stick tape.
13. Attach the saying over the middle of the twine using double stick foam tape on the right and left sides of the back.
14. Attach the whole thing to the front of the card.
Check out our Art Gallery for inspirational ideas.
Just received my other package from you the other day. Your stamps are most definitely phenomenal!! They are just so unique compared to any other stamps I have come across anywhere. I definitely will stick with your site for my purchases.