Have a coffee filter spread open on your table when you use glitters or embossing powders. It will catch the excess and make it easier to siphon particles back into its bottle. Coffee filters can be resued multiple times.
Join Our Email Newsletter
(We will not sell, rent, or share your email address with anyone.)
Mary Munkel - Missouri
Tue 30 Dec 2008 09:46:51 AM CST
PELICAN PETE #1889-356E
ORANGE BLOSSOM #1891-356B
Black Detail embossing powder EP171
X-Static-anti-static bag #99512
VersaMark inkpad #99702
Bronze Splendor glitter G1012
Waterfall glitter G1071
Sunny Daze glitter G1038
Lemonade glitter G1091
Sakura Quickie glue pen #99202
Cardstock: off white and yellow
¾” Super Double Sided tape #SAT05
½” Super Double Sided tape #SAT04
Prisma colored pencils
Odorless paint thinner—Mona Lisa
Acrylic or old CD for a palette
Two small paintbrushes (one for painting; one for glue)
4 small metal brads
Sparkle N Sprinkle Brushable glue #99539a
Rubber cement with applicator
Rubber cement eraser (optional)
¼” Super Double Sided tape #SAT01
1. Make a vertical card 6 ½”x 5” from off white cardstock. Apply a strip of ¾” Super Double Sided tape on all four front edges. Sprinkle Bronze Splendor glitter over the tape and press it into the tape with your finger. Tap off the excess and return it to the jar. Run a brown marker over the exposed off white cut slim edges on the front of the card.
2. Cut a piece of off white cardstock smaller than the front of the card. Apply a strip of ½” Super Double Sided tape on all four front edges. Sprinkle Lemonade glitter over the tape and press it into the tape with your finger. Tap off the excess and return it to the jar. Run a yellow marker over the exposed off white cut slim edges on the front of the card. Attach this piece to the front of the card as shown using 1/2” Super Double Sided tape on all the back edges and some strips in the middle.
3. Cut a piece of off white cardstock smaller than the Lemonade glitter piece. Set aside.
4. Pour a mound of Waterfall glitter onto a piece of scrap paper. Hold a small metal brad in a tweezers and use a small paintbrush to dab the head and edges with Sparkle N Sprinkle Brushable glue, dip the glued top into the glitter and then insert the ends of the brad into a piece of packing styrofoam so it is vertical. Use the same procedure for the other three brads. Note: Do not try dipping the heads into the glue; you will end up with too much glue on the brad and it will dry “gloppy. After the glue/glitter dries, give them all a second coat since Waterfall glitter is semi-transparent.
5. Pounce the X-Static bag over the front of the off white main layering piece. Using the VersaMark inkpad and Black Detail embossing powder, stamp and emboss PELICAN PETE in the middle at the very bottom. Stamp and emboss ORANGE BLOSSOM randomly around the pelican as shown.
6. Color all the images. I used markers to color the pelican. (Scribble marker color on a palette and pick up the pigment with a wet paintbrush) I used Prisma colored pencils, odorless paint thinner and blending stubs on the orange blossom images.
7. Using the VersaMark inkpad and Black Detail embossing powder to stamp and emboss FLORIDA on yellow cardstock. Use the Sakura Quickie glue pen to fill in the letters (except the “o” or sun) with Waterfall glitter. Fill in the sun with Sunny Daze glitter. Let dry.
8. When everything is dry, cut the yellow saying so it fits on the top of the image piece.
Tear the bottom edge. Attach it to the top with rubber cement. Get rid of any excess rubber cement by rubbing it with your finger or the rubber cement eraser.
9. Attach the four glittered brads in the corners as shown.
10. Attach the entire image piece to the front of the card with ¼” Super Double Sided tape on all the back edges and some strips in the middle.
11. Apply a little Sunny Daze glitter to the center of each flower blossom using the Sakura Quickie glue pen. Let dry.
Check out our Art Gallery for inspirational ideas.
Just received my other package from you the other day. Your stamps are most definitely phenomenal!! They are just so unique compared to any other stamps I have come across anywhere. I definitely will stick with your site for my purchases.