Have a coffee filter spread open on your table when you use glitters or embossing powders. It will catch the excess and make it easier to siphon particles back into its bottle. Coffee filters can be resued multiple times.
Join Our Email Newsletter
(We will not sell, rent, or share your email address with anyone.)
Donna Ellis - Florida
Sun 10 Jul 2011 10:14:55 PM UTC
Good Will & Happiness #3377-418B
Striped Ornament 3338-418G
Sparkle Ornament 3343-418A
or all on Stamp Set 418
Quickie Glue Pen #99202
1/4” Tear-ific Tape SAT01
Brushable Glue #540
Embossable Acetate #99602
VersaMark Ink #99702
Dark Night Embossing Powder EP362
Waterfall Glitter G1071
Laser Blue Glitter G1074
Hanauma Bay Glitter G1039
Golden Silver Glitter G1056
Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments dies #SB100
Spellbinders Grand Labels One Nestabilities LF-161
Spellbinders Grand Calibur die cutter
Card Stock to coordinate with Designer Paper
Dye Inks (to distress designer paper)
Flat paint brush (to brush on Brushable Glue)
1. Create Business Size Card Base.
2. Die Cut Designer Paper with Grand Labels One (to conserve paper, just cut the part you would like to cover the card front with.)
3. With a light pencil, trace outline of die cut on card front. “Paint” outside the lines of the die cut with Brushable Glue and sprinkle with Haunama Bay glitter. Set card base aside to dry.
4. Distress designer paper die cut with inks. Ink “Good Will...” with VersaMark and stamp in bottom left corner. Emboss with Dark Night EP. Set aside.
5. With Versamark, stamp the “Sparkle Ornament” twice, and the “Striped Ornament” once, onto embossable acetate and heat with Dark Night Cosmic EP. (gives a pearlescent appearance). Cut the ornaments out (or die cut them with the nesting dies). Turn Ornaments over so the embossing powder is face on the bottom of the ornament. 6. Sparkle Ornaments: Paint the flat side of the “Sparkle Ornaments” with Brushable Glue. Where the sparkles show through, apply a tiny amount of Golden Silver Glitter to highlight the sparkles and provide dimension. Color the rest of the ornament with Waterfall and Laser Blue glitters.
7. Striped ornament: Paint the stripes individually. Do all one color at the same time to save time. Wait about 15-20 minutes between applications so the glittered glue is dry before working on the next stripe (unless you have a steady hand and can carefully work while all the stripes are still wet). In humid Florida, we let the acetate dry overnight before adhering to card so that the glue dries completely. Otherwise, the designer paper will absorb any residual moisture.
8. Place 1/4” Tear-ific Tape on the back of the designer paper, and adhere to card front. Place Brushable Glue on the backs of the ornaments, and place them directions to the designer paper.
9. With Quickie Glue Pen and ruler, dry lines from the ornaments to the top of the card and sprinkle with Laser Blue Glitter. Allow to dry and brush off excess glitter.
Check out our Art Gallery for inspirational ideas.
Just received my other package from you the other day. Your stamps are most definitely phenomenal!! They are just so unique compared to any other stamps I have come across anywhere. I definitely will stick with your site for my purchases.