Anne here and today I’m showcasing this fun new set called Build A Flower that was revealed this month. There are so many different combinations that can be used – long and tall, short and squat, single flower…. and the list goes on and on 😀. This would be a really fun stamp set to decorate the side of a scrapbook page too or create a fun frame around a photo.
As you can tell, I decided to go long and tall. I began by stamping the flower pot and then masking it so I could stamp the stems. Then I used the smaller blossom stamp to add flowers to the stems. Finally, the leaves were added. I also stamped the flowers and leaves on plain cardstock so I could fussy cut them out and adhere them on top of the ones on the main image. Everything was then colored with my Copic markers.
I had originally stamped everything onto white cardstock. Once everything was coming together, I decided that I didn’t want it white, nor did I want to color all that white space with Copics. I created a mask of the entire stamped image by photocopying it on my printer and then fussy cutting that out.
I recommend that you do the photocopying before adding the glitter to the base flowers though, otherwise, you might get glitter on your printer glass (ask me how I know this 😜.) Once my mask was ready, I adhered it with some temporary double sided tape and then lightly spritzed the entire area with Memories Mist (Pale Ale). A nice side effect was that it gave my mask a nice sepia look, which could always be used on a future project.
I added Purple Dust glitter to the veins and out sie edges of my flowers. I also outlined the outside edges of the flowers on the main image with glue and covered them with Purple Dust glitter as well. that way, when I added my offset blossoms, everything would be sparkly. Dimensional glue was added to the centers of the flowers and covered with Evening Glow glitter.
The sentiment, which comes with the stamp set was heat embossed with Amethyst embossing powder. The black frame around my image is a die cut from Impression Obsession (All-in-One Frames Rectangles 2). In order to make it into a square, I took one of the frames that fit my sentiment, cut it in the center and adhered the ends together. To make the seams less noticeable, I heat set the frame with Ebony Spark embossing powder. This also gave the frame a subtle bit of sparkle.
The bee is part of a retired die from Die-Versions (Wee Petites – Buggy). I die cut him from white cardstock and colored him with Copic markers. Glue was added to the inside of his wings and covered with Starfire glitter.
The die cuts that border the sides of the focal point are from Tonic Studios and is actually a Christmas die (Christmas Strips – Merry Christmas die set)! I cut off the parts that I wanted, covered them with VersaMark and heat set each of them with Sparkle embossing powder. Although the camera didn’t capture the subtle sparkle of these die cuts, you can definitely see it in person. A bit of Mon Ami Gabby ribbon are the finishing touches.